Connecting you to a Health Careers Network
- We help you plan your journey to become a healer from kindergarten to pre-med.
- We coordinate outreach events and hands-on, experiential learning visits at the Arizona Health Science Centers for AI/AN high schools.
- We provide information about native health care professions through the Stories of Success
Providing Opportunities Critical to Your Success
- We connect you to internships, shadowing, and preparatory programs to enhance your applications into health science colleges. Including:
- Summer Medical Dental Education Program (SMDEP),
- Four Directions Summer Research Program, and
- Preadmission Workshops with the American Indian Physicians (AAIP)
- Provide volunteer opportunities as INMED Health Career Ambassadors, American Indian Medicine & Health Initiatives and Association of Native American Medical Students
Ensuring Your Success
Once you are a student at the University of Arizona we help you thrive. We provide tutoring, counseling and support through the AZ INMED Success Class (LACS 393), preadmission health profession workshops, individualized pre-health advising, traditional counseling, monthly workshops and fall-spring Talking Circles.